Sunday, September 18, 2016

September Garden Tour

Summer is fading away, sadly.
Days are getting shorter and cooler,
 and darkness comes way too early. 

I am sharing some photos
 from my September garden. 

Nasturtiums are glowing in September.
This flower I start from seed each year.

We've had a lot of rain this summer
which was good for flowers and gardens.



Red, yellow and orange.

For more on nasturtiums, 
check out my previous blog post 
click here.



Black~eyed~Susan/rudbeckia
adds sunshine to any garden. 


Coneflower or Echinacea 



Tamarisk Shrub
A dainty feathery shrub 






Love~Lies~Bleeding or Amaranthus 
I started from seed also.
Planted in an old barrel.
 This plant can grow from 3 to 5 ft. tall.
 Those red panicles hanging down are all seed.
They make nice dried flowers.
(That's a cucumber plant growing out of the barrel)




An amazing plant...



Zinnias 
for the first time, 
 and I'm pleased at all the colors and varieties.


Zinnias


Isn't this zinnia gorgeous?
My flower of the year!!


Sedum  ~ always welcomes Fall.


The farmer's almanac predict a long cold winter.
My brother burns wood for heat in the winter.


All this wood.
Cut, split and piled to dry.
I think he could win the
 Guinness World Record
for the longest cord. LOL
On the other side are props to keep 
the wind from blowing it over.
After drying, it is piled into the wood shed.


Italian tomatoes
for my  bruschetta


Autumn's bounty fills the trees with 
 food for us, birds and animals .

Honeycrisp apples
great for pies

MacIntosh Apples
great baking apples also.
The deer feast on fallen apples.



Food for the birds 
rowans


Homes for the birds.
A birthing place
in the Spring.


I hope you enjoyed my little tour.
Have a happy Fall.


Thanks for your visit xo

💜💜💜



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.