Monday, June 11, 2018

A Spring Garden 2018

I am sharing photos of my Spring flowers.
Spring is late here in the Gaspé.
We are still getting frost warning at night.
We haven't had a lot of rain, probably why
my tulips are smaller than usually. 



Lungwort or Bethlehem Sage
is my first plant to flower.
Makes a great ground cover.

 I don't have a field full of tulips,
 just a few here and there...


Lungwort ~ Bethlehem Sage
After the flower is gone,
The pretty speckled leaves remain all season long.

Daffodils
In the front garden

A deformed daffodil...







tulips


After a rain....

The perfect tulip....


Forget-Me-Nots 
wander through the garden.
The flower lasts about a month.
The flowers will go to seed,
the seeds will fall and reproduce next year.
I remove most of the plants after it's finished.

Blue


I also have small batches of white 
and pink Forget-Me-Nots

Pink.


Peony tulips


I don't remember the name of this plant.
(An age thing.)
A good ground cover. Low maintenance.
Planted at the front edge of my property



Ground Sedum.
I planted beside a stairway
many years ago.




Shieldleaf ~ Rodgersia Tabularis
Huge leaves add charm to any garden.

Pansies
"Pansies make me smile"

Planted in stumps
An annual plant that reseed.



Heirloom Daffodil
or Narcissus
A beautiful fragrance flower

They grow in large batches around my property.
The previous owner must have planted them.
(Or maybe they are wild?)



Pear tree in blossom



Rhubarb Flower
should be 
removed from the plant
for a better production of rhubarb.

I hope you enjoyed my garden tour.

Thanks for your visit xo







2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.