Sunday, December 13, 2015

Vintage Wax Snowmen


My Vintage Wax Snowmen











They are all candles- 
If ever I miss electricity they may all go up in smoke.
The two below are very old.
Aren't they cute

A Bit of  History:
Gurley Novelty,  started in 1939, 
was a manufacturer primarily known for making
 holiday candles shaped like small figurines,
commissioned by Exxon Mobile as a way to reuse
excess paraffin produced as a by-product of the oil refinery process.
Though each candle came with a wick, they were not marketed as practical candles.
Primarily sold at dime stores such as Woolworth.
In the recent years Gurley candles have become popular collectibles.

The snowman below I found recently in perfect condition.


A modern day Snowman

~A Vintage Caroler~
in perfect condition.
Thanks for you visit. xo

¸.•*☼*•.¸¸.•*☼*•.¸¸.•*☼*•.¸ 
Merry ℂhristmas
¸.•*☼*•.¸¸.•*☼*•.¸.•*☼*•.¸




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.