Monday, May 30, 2016

The Old Fisherman


Needlepoint and hook rugs
 were popular in the 1970-80s.

I always admired this craft,
 but never had the time to do any,
nor could I afford to buy one.
I often fiddled through the canvases in the stores.
One in particular, that caught my eye was
The Old Fisherman.

We now find them at garage sales or flea markets etc.
 for less than $5.00.
A lot of time and effort has gone into these beautiful work.

Whenever I see one, I bring him home with me.


 This one doesn't have a frame.



On the back of a canvas.






Many hours spent to do this craft.
 nice choice of frame.




 This one below I bought at a House Sale. 
An elderly couple was giving up their home.
 It hung in his office, an Insurance Agent. 
 His wife did it for him many years ago.







A hooked rug.
My favourite.
The beard is a longer wool.
Gives a 3-D effect.
Can you imagine, I paid $1.00 for him,
at a Church sale.






Modern day fishing...
Photos taken recently at a local fishing dock in Paspebiac.