Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas Memories 2016

Blessed is the season which engages the whole 
world in a conspiracy of love. 
"Hamilton Wright Mabie"

I am sharing some pics of the past Holiday Season.
I spent Christmas with my daughter Suzanne
 and family.
Some of her decorations:
"Jesus is the reason for the Season"
A vintage Manger
One of the camels is missing his head.
Pinot, (the family dog) chewed it of.
I will replace it.
Also one wiseman is being repaired.
He came unglued.


Sabrina with her new basketball.
On her wish list...

We carried out the "Pickle Tradition"
and Mathieu found the pickle...


Christmas Eve supper at Suzanne's
Martin and Alex missing in the photo below
The cousins had fun in their holiday cracker hats.
Lots of food- Turkey and the works..
Suzanne made this white chocolate cheesecake 
topped with cranberries - to die for
Good till the last bite
She also made a white chocolate strawberry cake.

I never got to taste this cake..pouting...

I made chocolate cupcakes
with jam filling and whipped cream
topped with icing and sprinkles.
I had help from Sabrina.
She did the jam filling and sprinkles.
On Christmas day,
We had a nice walk in the woods.
Below is Suzanne and Pinot.
Pinot is a Goldendoodle dog.
A lovely dog.

Boxing Day
We went shopping.
Suzanne took me to the
Ricardo Store, nearby in St.Lambert.
My first time there. She's a fan of Ricardo.



We also went to Ikea and had their 
Swedish Meatballs for lunch.

Ikea had a nice selection of Christmas
 decorations this year.
And on sale at low prices.

We also visited Pier Imports store nearby. 
We spent about an hour there,
 could have spent all day.
 Beautiful things in that store.

******************************************

My son, Daniel spent Christmas in Hong Kong
 with his family celebrating their
 10th. wedding anniversary.
In the pic below, 
 Marina, my daughter-in-law,
Jacob, Louis and Daniel.
The had a great time.



*******************************

I spent New Years with my sister Annie.
We had a beautiful New Year's Eve supper.
Her pretty table setting below.



I cooked pork tenderloin in the slow cooker.
Annie made a carrot cranberry almond salad, veggies and
 a bumbleberry pie for dessert. 
I will share the pork tenderloin on 
my cooking blog later. 
It was delicious.




Her little snowmen pepper and salt shakers.

2016 has ended sadly for my family.
In October, we lost our youngest sister 
Judith to cancer.

Our first Christmas without her.
My niece, Caroline, Judith's daughter, gave me this
beautiful Christmas ornament.

I will always cherish it.

Me and Judy

 II decorated my Christmas tree
 in shades of pink
 and made angel wings in memory of Judy.
To see more on this tree, click here.


• ★  ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚A Happy New Year
* Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

I'm looking forward to another year blogging, 
making new friends, sharing interests, photos, 
creativity and stories from around the world.
 I appreciate you all.
Thanks for your visit xo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.