Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year 2020






New Years Tree


Happy New Year to all my friends.


I want to thank everyone who took the
time to read and visit my blog. 
I'm looking forward to a new year
in blogging, reading,
learning, sharing new ideas,
as we start a new decade.

I am grateful for new blogging friends
I made this year, as a lot of blogging
friends have quit blogging. 
Life changes.


For this New Year's decorations,
I transformed my Birch Christmas Tree,
for a New Year's Eve tree,
Taking away the reds, greens
and seaglass ornaments.

I painted this ornament in a hurry.
I gave the tree a trim and made it 
slimmer, cutting the branches shorter.
Christmas Birch Tree



 

The midnight owls, Annie painted
The owls are beach rocks.












I glued some clocks I cut from a magazine
a few yrs. ago.
This year I pasted them on birch wood slices.
Don't look at the time.
Suppose to be 12 o'clock midnight.

















A few family members for Supper.
Me, My brother-in-law Peter,
Carol, Jim and Annie at the bottom.



We used Annie's Blue Willow dishes.
I will do a tablescape of them later.



A blurry photo of the clocks

A photo doesn't do justice to the tree.











I tried posting a video.
They don't seem to work on blogger.
I'm doing something wrong?







Thanks for your visit xo.

My New Year's resolution this year
to to help save our planet.
I will no longer buy water in plastic bottles,
and I will no longer use plastic bags.

I wish you all the best in this new year,
new decade, good health and happiness.



10 comments:

  1. Thelma, i love it all! The clocks, the ballerinas and especially those midnight owls. If they were for sale I would buy them from you! The Christmas and New Year trees are so pretty. What a unique idea to use birch limbs for a change from the usual pines we decorate at the holidays. I love your blog and hope you post often in the New Year. Happy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thelma, I enjoyed this post so much. I love the idea of a New Year's tree and the clocks and all the pretty ornaments look very glittery and shiny and celebratory. No, the video didn't work but when I clicked on it I got the biggest picture of all the happy that was going on and I love it..Happy New Year, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful tree, loved its simple byt so very effective charm. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Thelma. Your decorations are so beautiful and your family looks divine. I know it had to be lovely at your table. Here's to a grand 2020. I look forward to more visits here and more visits from you at the Gypsy as we grow friendships through blogging! Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! It is a gorgeous New Year's Tree :) I'm a new follower. Happy 2020!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I love your New year's tree and all the clock faces are so pretty. They don't have to say 12 midnight, after all a year is made up of many days and many times of the day. Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your New Year tree is extraordinary! Love it!

    Happy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thelma, it's jeanie back again! I think you may have had trouble commenting on my blog (although the last came through and thank you!) because I've gone to comment moderation and they don't pop up right away. Or, if you're like me, sometimes you have the post up, life happens and when you get back and comment blogger has decided you've been gone too long and have to refresh. It gets frustrating so I extra appreciate your visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your advice Jeanie. I keep my comments moderation on "Never" . Although once they did not pop up right away. I am now commenting with Google Chrome and the comments seem to be going through. It does get complicated at times. Thanks again for your help. Thelma xo

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year to you and all your family:-)))
    Greetings:-))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.