Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Canada Day 2020


It's a different Canada Day this year.
We're following regulations
of a pandemic, like the rest of the world.

Despite record breaking heat and dry weather here,
my flowers are flowering beautifully,
even though it has not rained in over a month. 
Fireworks were not allowed this year
because of the increase of forest fires,
across the province.



Two of my Grandkids, Sabrina and Mathieu,
came to visit last week.
Sabrina my granddaughter,
helped decorated the Gazebo.


We hung paper lanterns from the roof.



I cut some Oriental poppies and made a bouquet.



Added white to the pitcher, 
snow-in-summer and caraway


The poppy is the official flower 
of the Royal Canadian Legion,
memorializing our soldiers 
who fought for our country.
 The Royal Canadian Legions 
are closed during this pandemic.







Poppies beside the old Hayraker



 The Grandkids did crafts,
 played games and visited the beach.
They collected some rocks on the beach
and painted them to add to the garden path.


Sabrina made my garden shed
her art studio.


Sabrina and Mathieu


They are growing up.
They are taller than me.

The garden path...


At the beach.



It's easy to physical distance there.
It may change after the tourists arrive,
for Summer vacation.



Sabrina and Mathieu with
 cute dog Pinot.


We played horseshoe.






Mathieu didn't feel well all week.
He had an earache, (Swimmer's Ear).





A lot of things are different this year,
We are in a drought, no rain for over a month. 
I have no birds at the feeders.
I assume they are staying in the woods
where it is cooler and near the lakes
to get water. 

I got the winning ringer.
 We also repainted these garden 
houses that I've had for many yrs.
I got them at the Dollarstore when it
first opened here. 
Mine is in the middle.
Sabrina painted the 2 others.




Annie's is the first one.
 It's missing some parts of the roof.
However, she made it look beautiful. 

Mathieu choose black and white.


A before pic.

The kids were toddlers 

when they first painted them 
many yrs. ago.






We had a feed of lobsters.



In front of home we can see

the fishing boats in early morning



My sister Annie painted
this heart rock.
We are gratefully to live
in a Wonderful Country, Canada. 

In closing I want to wish all my Canadian friends
A Happy Canada Day and all my American friends
on July 4th, a Happy Independence Day.
Stay safe and well. 

Thanks for your visit xo..



10 comments:

  1. What a fun visit with your Grandchildren. Loved the stones that you painted, they look wonderful along the path and the bird houses are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit and nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful!Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful celebration in honour of Canada Day. It must have been such a wonderful time to spend it with your family during these strange times. Love the little path highlighted with the 'kid's' artwork and those little birdhouses look lovely with their fresh paint. Love all those hanging lanterns, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kim for your visit and lovely comments. I hope all is well in your part of the world.
    Stay safe. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post, I love all the red and white, though I'm passing on celebrating red/white/blue this year. I love the art studio...so want to get into making some more things, but spent so much time gardening this year. Your countryside is so beautiful, I love when you share your photos. We hope to motor around in the next few years and Canada(if they ever let us back in...lol) is on the list! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again Thel. A beautiful Funtastic blog,I enjoyed all of it, had fun painting with your Grandkids, and a great game of horse shoe.There is never a dull moment here, we all ways have something to do. We had a great Canada Day ,A quiet one🇨🇦, Thanks for the wonderful Blog , Keep them coming.😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. May this was a delightful post, I enjoyed every minute of my visit.
    God bless you.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems to me you had great time with your grandchildren:-))
    Greetings:-)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.