Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Memories

Christmas is nearly upon us
I am posting some of my
 Vintage Christmas Decorations

Milk Glass Collection - dates back to early 1900's. 
These are only a few of my collection.



Trees and a Little Deer. I am sharing some info from Wikipedia : In 1930 the U.S.-based Addis Brush Company created the first artificial Christmas tree made from brush bristles.[8] The company used the same machinery that it used to manufacture toilet brushes.[2] The trees were made from the same animal-hair bristles used in the brushes, save they were dyed green.[3] For a time, the brush trees were immensely popular, with large numbers exported to Great Britain, where the trees also became popular.[2] These brush trees offered advantages over the earlier feather trees. They could accept heavier ornamentation,[4] and were not nearly as flammablIe. 
(oops...you can see my camera in the pic)




Carolers

This Creche (Manger)  I bought in the early 70's at "T. Eaton Co." - Passed on to my Daughter
Figurines "Made in Italy"

Vintage German Sheep- early 1900's. Flea Market find.(I couldn't find info on their history)


Camels- made in Italy. I bought them at Woolworth. (70's) 
The pretty trees behind I bought at "Les Ailes de la Mode", Montreal 2008





Vintage Cardboard Houses ..  (Source..Wikipedia)... After World War II, several Japanese companies started mass-producing cardboard or paper houses, churches, and other buildings. These small buildings usually had holes in the back or the bottom through which Christmas lights were placed to provide illumination. The buildings had tiny colored cellophane windows and were decorated with mica-dusted roofs to give the appearance of snow. Since these buildings were made of inexpensive material and were widely available throughout the United States, they became a very popular Christmas decoration
My Collection


Christmas 2009 I spent in Vancouver
This is a Manger in St. Mary's Church


Christmas in Vancouver - Snow, which is Unusual there - My Son, Daniel, Marina and Louis



Sabrina and Mathieu. My Daughter,  Suzanne's children. (My Homemade Nutcracker)



Sharing my Christmas Cushions
Avon
 


Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called 
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.




° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ღ ღ thanks for your visit

all pics are my sole original property.