Tuesday, January 23, 2018

At The Beach - 2017







In the midst of Winter,
It's a good time to sort out some photos.
I am sharing some of my beach adventures
from 2017.
I live near the beach in Gaspé,
Eastern Quebec, Canada.
on the Baie des Chaleur,
(translated "Bay of Warmth")
A salt water bay that separates
 New Brunswick from Quebec.
In the basin of the Gulf of the St. Lawrence.

"Nothing soothes the soul like a walk on the beach"

Fauvel Beach
The beach of my childhood


My sisters Annie and Carol
on the path to the beach.

high cliffs rugged coastlines

Low tide


A waterfall in the distance

Spring thaw and Fall storms
also the effects of Global Warming/
Climate Change causing 
ocean's rising waters,
resulting in erosion.
We're losing ground...






New Carlisle.
Huge rocks are places to prevent
 the road and banks from being washed out.


Bonaventure beach
Le Château Blanc Hotel.

Waterfalls in Spring
as the snow melts and water draining
from the land.




Forces of Nature


In Chandler, Quebec.
Government Scientific Research

Chandler

The further bridge is a pedestrian bridge 
used  by Moment Factory 
for their spectacular tourist attraction of lights.




Annie in Chandler


There's not a lot of garage on our Beaches.
Surprisingly, we do come across some footwear left behind.
Some photos I took at different times, during the summer.
I did have more, that got deleted.

Seaglass
Washed ashore with tides and time.
One of my most gruesome discoveries of 2017, 
is this bone structure.
Can you guess what it is?





After posting the photo on Instagram,
 a follower from PEI, #oceanluvngal,
identified it as Horse or Cow teeth. Yuck!!
I think by the length it is Horse...

Some other treasures of the sea.

Fun Times
Bonfire on the Beach


Malina, Jessica and Zoic



Bye for now, 
To be continued....
For Part 2, click here.

Thanks for your visit xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.