Friday, February 1, 2019

A Valentine Tea

Welcome February.
Valentine Day is on the 14th.
I am having a Valentine Tea,
 on this cold Winter's day.
The days are getting longer 
with more hours of daylight and 
it's nice to see the sunshine.
Thankfully, February is a shorter month.




2 Sadler teapots. I don't want to run out of tea. LOL


china cups and saucers



Cherry loaf and shortbread cookies











Royal Albert cup and saucer
Reims
Royal Albert is named after Prince Albert, 
Queen Victoria's Consort (Husband).
.


Bell China ~ England



Queen Anne cup and Myott saucer.



A scene from Niagara Falls
US Zone.




" My love for you is ever true"
on the little lamp.



I found this pretty vintage pitcher 
a few weeks ago at a Thrift Shop.
Alfred Meagan ~ England.




After doing some research on the internet, I found some interesting intonation.
Alfred Meakin in Tintern pattern. circa 1930. 
Tintern is a village in Wales, Great Britain,
and the scene on this pitcher is from an Abbey.
The red transferware pitcher has an elaborate pastoral scene of a pond, with farm building, a shepherd and his flock of sheep with Tintern Abbey (Wales) and mountains in the background.





 Classic Cherry Loaf


Shortbread Hearts




My Sister Annie made this Valentine Banner.




I'm always intrigued by markings under china dishes.
For the recipe on the Cherry Loaf,
click here.



Thanks for your visit xo
Happy Valentines Day!




10 comments:

  1. How absolutely charming! I wish someone would invite me to a Valentine's Day tea. I love all of your teacups and accessories. And that pitcher is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Pattie, if you were closer, you'd be invited. xo

      Delete
  2. Your Valentine's table looks exquisite with all the pretty china pieces. Love all those pretty red teacups and saucers. I love the thought that there are two teapots....quite right too....as one definitely does not want to run out of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kim for your visit and nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joy to visit your blog, I am a great fan of afternoon tea. Such beautiful cups and saucers. Thank you for your visit to my blog and for following me (mamasmercantile) I am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O MY!! What a beautiful post filled with so much eye candy!! I LOVE those sweet tea cups and tea pots!! So pretty!!
    Thanks again for visiting and for your kind and encouraging comment on my post about my health issues!!
    I hope you are having a great weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thelma,

    Such a darling tea. I especially love all your English china. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ~ Kiki ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely teapots and gorgeous teacups. The cookies look yummy and I wish I had one right now, lol..
    Happy Valentine's,
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the prettiest china collection and now I am glad I can leave a comment!Your post made me swoon...As ever!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.