Monday, February 15, 2021

Looking Back At 2020




Looking back on last year 2020.
A year the world changed.

Sharing some colour in our 
snow covered surroundings
with flowers.
We had a very dry Summer
last year and my gardens,
especially the vegetable 
 garden, didn't do so well.


Nasturtiums are hardy and 
survive in most types of soil.
I collect the seeds after the flowers finish
blooming, and start them from seed each year.


Coreopsis
Most of my flowers are perennials.


Black Hollyhocks



Hollyhock Bush


Telekia 

a tall exotic plant



Hostas are a low maintenance plant
and grow well in the shade.
Also pretty in Autumn.


 Hosta flowers, a source
of food for Hummingbirds.



Peony Buds



Astilbes


Helenium a favourite flower



My apple trees were attached by sapsuckers.


Wrapped in burlap to deter them,
and removed for the Winter.




Wild Grasses


Wild Roses
Duchess of Portland Roses





An inspector.....before
 my sister Annie stained The Wishing Well.


Autumn colours from the balcony.






We had a lot of tourists in our region
 of Gaspé last Summer because other
 provinces closed their borders due to the Covid.
This photo was taken in the Fall
Sealife enjoying the beach.







I stayed home most of the Summer.
My daughter and family come to visit. 
We did take a day trip to Mount Lyall 
in the Chic-Chock mountains.
We mined on a ancient volcano with an
open mine pit, and brought home
some geodes and thundereggs, etc.





Beach stones for my garden path.
Painted by Sabrina and Matthew

on Canada Day, July lst.


Adding colour and interest to the path.




I hope this blog put some colour in your day.


This week, our Prime Minister announced
new restrictions on non-essential travellers, 
 coming into Canada by air or land.  
A covid test necessary, before entering 
and after arriving, also quarantine for
   14 days required. 

Take care and stay safe.
Thanks for your visit xo

9 comments:

  1. You have a garden filled with such lovely flowers. Soon it will be time when they all bloom again and sprinkle gorgeous colour into your world once more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kim, we had enough of snow and Winter and the virus also.
      Looking forward for it to end one day.
      xo

      Delete
  2. It all is so pretty, Thelma. I love all your flowers. Even though it is hard on everyone, I think the restrictions are what are needed to get over all this. I wish the states would do more in that respect..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy for your visit. Yes we need restrictions to bring down the numbers.
      Stay well xo

      Delete
  3. We are into a world of deep white snow here today so seeing your gorgeous color and blooms here is more welcome than you know! I wonder when I'll ever be able to get back to Canada....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about you with all that snow and hope it all goes away soon, including the virus.
      xo

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos...your plants always look so healthy! Hugs, we can hope that we have a new normal soon, so we can visit your lovely land! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Blog Thel. Can't wait to go home again and check out are ditches, and bridges . Beautiful flowers 💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thelma, it did bring some beautiful color into my life that is much needed right now. Love that the kids painted the stones for the path, it looks so pretty. All your flowers are so healthy looking and beautiful. I think more borders should be closed down especially after spring break in Florida. I don't think that has helped our situations any..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.