Monday, June 21, 2021

Lilacs and Lupins

Lilacs and Lupins beautifiy 
the ditches and countryside
  at this time, in the Gaspé,
and the Maritime provinces,
here in Canada.

(There are different spellings for
Lupin, also lupine.
I use the shorter one).

My large Lilac tree is very old.
Planted by the previous owner.







I also have a white young Lilac tree
  I planted a few year ago.
It grew quite fast. 
This is the second year it gives flowers.



A nice fragrance.....
My opinion is that the white Lilacs
are the most strong perfume fragrance. 


I brought some inside to enjoy


Lupins
I threw some seeds in the ditch yrs. ago,
and they keep coming back.
Lupins reseed each year.


They come in a variety of colours.


 




Also bicolour



My favourite colour is purple and yellow




Pure pink



Peach and Yellow

Double Pink



I wasn't aware of a white one
until I look at this photo.

So I went back and took another photo of it.
I've never had a white one before.


Some wild phlox are growing with them also.



I made a collage of some Lupins.




To view a previous blog post I did in 2015,
click here.

Have a happy Summer.

Thanks for your visit, xo

💜💜💜

10 comments:

  1. Ahh...beautiful lupins, lilacs and phlox. The fragrance of lilacs is truly intoxicating.Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both so beautiful, a joy to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers and beautiful tureen too!Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lilacs are SO beautiful. And the fragrance is SO lovely. Thanks for sharing your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit Naomi. Happy Summer!

      Delete
  5. The lupin is especially beautiful. And I love the lilacs. It's fun to see things that have passed here coming to your world -- it extends the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jeanie. We are later than most regions with gardening and flower gardens.

      Delete
  6. My goodness, how gorgeous....! Totally amazing, and I love your ironstone and lilacs! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.