Friday, June 11, 2021

Visiting Percé Rock ~ Up Close

 My daughter came to visit a few weeks ago 
and we went on a day trip to Percé Rock,
a tourist attraction in the Gaspé,
a 2 hr. drive from home.
We both have received our first
vaccine and it was great to have
her visit and spend some time together
since both our birthdays are in May.




Below a tower overlooks the area



A view of Bonaventure Island in the distance

Frederick-James Villa on the cliff.



It was a cold day in May. 
We dressed in warm clothes.
My sister Annie below enjoying the swing.


My daughter Suzanne and friend Sara 
 wanted to get closer to the rock.
Usually we can walk out to the 
hole in the rock at low tide.
In the photo, the furthest away, 
Suzanne, me, Annie and Sara.






Rock stacks left behind




Annie and I didn't venture far on those rock.
We let Suzanne and Sara continue as we sat
and I took some close-ups with my camera.
(My small rock stack beside).



A photo taken by Suzanne
 as they were approaching the rock. 



Sara and Suzanne start their journey to the Rock.









The next 3 photos below taken by Suzanne, from the rock,
with Bonaventure Island in the distance.

Also Percé from the rock with the Villa on the cliff.


Sara



A huge massive limestone rock





The view, in the other direction.
"Les Trois Soeurs"  and lodgings for the tourists.





On their way back.
Some people were having a picnic
on the rocks....😔

They didn't make it to the hole,
the tide was coming in and it was
 too dangerous on the mossy rocks.


Sara searching for seaglass







Annie found a treasure.
A fisherman's buoy to add to our collection.
It's lobster fishing season here in Eastern Canada.

I added the buoy to our collection
  of rescued buoys, in the Jungle,
(part of my wild woodland garden). 

Fishermen use buoys to mark
 their territory in the ocean.
Some break away and float to shore.


I hang them under a tree. 






Sara, Annie (forgot to remove her mask,) and Suzanne.
Most of the restaurants were closed and will open 
during tourist season sometime this month, June.

Sara, is the voice of "Covid-19" commercials. 
Along with other commercials like "Ford" etc. 




A view of Percé with the rock and 
Bonaventure Island in the distance.



This is a photo of the local fishing dock in Paspebiac.
Taken my Suzanne.


A lobster meal to celebrate our birthdays.


In front of home on The Baie des Chaleur
fishermen fishing in the early hours of the morning.
(Zoomed in photo)


💚💛💜💙

For more on Percé Rock and the 
Villa at the top of the hill, also
another attempt to get to the hole in the rock, 
visit my previous blog Perce Rock 2018

Thanks for your visit xo

8 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing place to visit, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Beautiful Blog, Love The Perce Rock, a great attraction for everyone to see, Every time I see the rock it looks bigger,I have not been to Bonaventure Island but intend to go 😊 Love the trip there a lot of interesting things to see . LOVE the Gaspe Coast.😁 💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the Great company ,Thanks Thelma. 💖💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Thelma I enjoyed your blog All the pics of Percy were beautiful and I love the bouy a good place in the jungle You did a great job of your blog was

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place to visit. I especially love the boats. Oh, your country is so magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanie. Happy Summer to you also.

      Delete
  6. I have always loved the look of this place and I am sorry I have never gotten to visit. Your photos are wonderful so I have really enjoyed your adventures there. I also had rescued a bouy and have it in my garden .. I used to have a lobster trap but it disintegrated after so many years. Sea glass is such a treasure .. I would have to take a rock home as well ! LOL ... That lobster dinner looked so delicious ! Good for you !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your visit. Have a nice Summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.