Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Lily Of The Valley

One of my favorite scents is
 Lily Of The Valley.
It's also my birth month flower,  in May.
I was happy to find some growing 
in my woodland garden last year.
One of the most fragrant perennial
 blooming plants in Spring and early Summer.

I picked a few to enjoy their lovely scent.


A sweet fragrance

Some Forget-Me-Nots mixed with it.

I brought some inside to enjoy,

mixed with English chinaware.


The miniature Sadler teapot
was a birthday gift from my sister Joyce,
a few years ago.

May







The saucers are pretty also.

I'm always intrigued by the marking beneath china.

Royal Taunton


 The small creamer.




How fortunate am I to be born in the month of May
and have Lily Of The Valley as the flower of the month.
My daughter, Suzanne was born in the month of May also.


The Duchess of Cambridge, 
Kate Middleton, had
Lily Of The Valley 
in her wedding bouquet,
as with most of the Royal wedding brides.

Thanks for your visit.
We're having Summer weather here.
Happy Summer.

Thanks for your visit xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.