Saturday, August 7, 2021

Summer Garden Tour

 Hi everyone, I hope you are all enjoying 
Summer,  as its half over and passing fast.

I am sharing some photos of my flower garden.
mostly perennials and wild flowers.
Mother Nature has rewarded us with beautiful 
 flowers this year,  and they seem to flower
 earlier, although we had our share of rain.







I planted some red cabbage in the barrel above,
with cosmos flowers and the shrub is Tamarisk.


The streetlight bird houses, are a gift,
made from large metal coffee cans and
 a wooden front. 
Isn't it beautiful!
I'm sure the birds will enjoy it.




Yarrow is doing well this year.

Planted behind the Old Hayraker.



White wild Yarrow below,  grows allover,
in fields, ditches, beaches etc.







In front of the Hayraker



Variegated leaf Coreopsis and Moonbeam Coreopsis






The Fern Garden below.




The Purple Bridge,
 I built from recycled boards.
I planted, wild Musk beside,
The large plant in front is
an Orange Daylily.  I think
the deer eat most of the flower buds. 




Ligularia, 
a tall plant that does well in damp soil. 






One misty morning


Red Daylilies 




I love Veronica below.



Behind is a Smoke Tree/Shrub.



Gooseneck Loosestrife,



Beautiful Daisies



These are called Crazy Daisies 




Queen Of The Meadow
I planted beside the bridge.



Queen Of The Prairie, a tall


pretty plant growing
 in The Sunken Garden.



Wild Grasses







Orange Daylilies




Hostas



Joe-Pye Weed




A Butterfly plant, pollinator for bees and other insects.




Plentiful,  beyond the backyard.




I hope you enjoy my garden tour.


Come back again, my next blog,
I will share Making A Garden Orb
along with rusty things found
on the property,  
in the Rusty Corner of the garden.

Stay safe and well. 

Thanks for your visit xo

💚💗

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers Thelma, They sure did well this year. We did have a lot of rain so that helped. Hoping we do as good next year😁 💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here we cal the Milkweed, Joe Pye Weed, why I don't know. Lovely post and your flowers are so brilliant. Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi, It is Joe Pye Weed. I changed the name. It is very similar to Milkweed. I learn something everyday.
      Thanks again Thelma
      xo.

      Delete
  3. So many gorgeous flowers, Thelma! Where you live must seem like Paradise. I loved seeing all the varieties of plants you grow and that grow near you. Thanks for sharing this beautiful post. Can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi for your visit. Happy Summer

      Delete
  4. So many beautiful flowers in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiki for your visit and I hope all is well with you. xo

      Delete
  5. Thelma, what a beautiful garden. It looks like a woodland. All the colors are so soft and mingle together perfectly. I love the varigated coreopsis and that bird house is so original and sweet..Happy Summer..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy, Thanks for your lovely visit. Happy Summer to you also. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really beautiful, Thelma, and unlike mine, very tidy. I know how much work that takes and well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.