Friday, October 14, 2022

Autumn Colours

 Autumn, the season of colour. 
Chill in the air, warmer clothes,
walks in the woods, birds squawking as 
they prepare to head South for warmer weather.
Apple picking time and all the harvesting. 
I am sharing some photos around home. 


Asters
When summer flowers fade away,
Pretty Asters appear.
In the woodland garden.

In front of the house






Hostas
Beautiful in the Fall.

Golden colours


Barberry bush



Birds preparing to head South

Virginia creeper

Crept up to the birdhouses

The last roses of Summer.
On small tea rose bushes.

Ferns

In the woods

A huge Barberry bush growing in the woods.
The birds must have carried the seeds there.

Blueberry Bush with pretty leaves.


Calm water and blue sky
After Hurricane Fiona passed by.


We seem to do more baking and
 cooking this time of year.
So many great flavours in the Fall.
I baked a Pumpkin Walnut Loaf,
For the recipe, click here.


We had a full moon Thanksgiving weekend.



Thanks for your visit.
💛💛💛

1 comment:

  1. I always know fall is close when the hostas go yellow. Those asters are just fabulous. Seeing your pumpkin bread makes me think it's that time! I bake a lot of little mini-loaves and free them and oh, what treats they are as the season goes on. And that's a FABULOUS photo of the Hunter Moon. Thanks for stopping by today, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.