Friday, June 6, 2014

Mulching My Strawberry Patch





    Last Spring, I put Cedar Mulch around my Strawberries Plants,  this will


  1.  prevent the strawberries  from touching the ground;
  2. keeping the berries clean
  3.  stops potential bacterial and fungal growth from occurring..
  4.  A natural deterrant for cats , earwigs and ants.
  5. Cuts down on weeds. 
  6. Minimizes water use, retains moisture
  7. Improves soil quality as it decomposes.

I used Cedar Mulch,   ( Pine Needles or Straw can also be used)
My Garden is 3 years old and this year the plants look very healthy.
My Patch


I have Everbearing Berries
They generally produce fruit all Summer.

 This year I added Bounty

 Sweet Bounty is one of the most prolific (produces a lot of fruit) and sweetest strawberries available. 
This variety will produce a crop in late spring,  and have another crop in the fall. 


 Cleaning my Garden, earlier this Spring,
 I planted some "runners"  in Pots and put them
 in my Greenhouse and they are now in flower.
This planter will hang from my Balcony


 My Terra Cotta Strawberry Pot.



I used Natural Cedar Mulch



A week later....all in flower,  good

and later




.
 Visit my posts on "Terracotta Pots"
click here and here

all pics are my sole original property

thanks for your visit xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love all your thoughts and comments.
Unfortunately, all my comments prior to February 2019, have been deleted by Google+ as Google + ceased to exist.